Whether it is a green field project or an existing application, RKB’s Technical Department can be actively involved to co-engineer and codesign with the customer’s technical office. Joint activities mainly base on the chance of creating synergies between different domains of knowledge and expertise. In case of new applications, RKB can offer technical advice regarding:
- Selection of bearing type, size, arrangement, fi t with conjugate parts, internal clearance or preload, seals, and lubricant
- Calculation of actual bearing loads, residual internal clearance or preload after mounting and in operation, bearing starting and operating torque, operating temperature, etc.
For machinery already in operation, RKB can provide value-added recommendations for:
- Lubrication system and lubricants, in order to favor elastohydrodynamic conditions and decrease overall operating temperature
- Regreasing intervals and grease amount to be used
- Bearing handling and maintenance.